FOREST HILL, TX (LAMAR COUNTY)
FOREST HILL, TEXAS (Lamar County). Forest Hill is a church community on Farm Road 38 three miles north of Petty in extreme western Lamar County. It had been established by 1936, when maps showed a church, a cemetery, a school, and a collection of dwellings there. The next year the community had a total of three teachers, who taught sixty-eight elementary school students and seventeen high school students. By 1957 the secondary school had been consolidated into the West Lamar system. In the early 1980s maps showed a Forest Hill Community Center, a church and cemetery, and a few scattered dwellings at the site.
Thomas S. Justiss, An Administrative Survey of the Schools of Lamar County with a Plan for Their Reorganization (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1937).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vista K. McCroskey, "FOREST HILL, TX (LAMAR COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrfxe), accessed May 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.