FOOTES, TEXAS. Footes, a farming community four miles southwest of Longview in east central Gregg County, was established before 1900 as a station on the International-Great Northern Railroad. In the mid-1930s the community had two stores and a number of houses. By the early 1990s Footes was a dispersed rural community, and many of the area's residents worked in nearby Longview.
Eugene W. McWhorter, Traditions of the Land: The History of Gregg County (Longview, Texas: Gregg County Historical Foundation, 1989).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "FOOTES, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrfny), accessed September 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.