FAUNA, TEXAS. Fauna, on U.S. Highway 90 at the southern end of Sheldon Reservoir, five miles northeast of Houston in east central Harris County, began as a station on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad. A post office was established there in 1903 and was probably discontinued in the 1930s. By the 1960s the Beaumont Place subdivision had been developed west of the former townsite, of which only an abandoned railroad station and scattered dwellings remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "FAUNA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrfft), accessed April 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.