FOUR CORNERS, TX (BRAZORIA COUNTY)
FOUR CORNERS, TEXAS (Brazoria County). Four Corners is a country hamlet located about five miles southwest of Brazoria in southwestern Brazoria County and near the Matagorda County line. Situated at the four-way intersection of Farm Roads 524 and 521, this crossroads locale possibly received its name from its prominent location. Brazoria County highway maps in 1936, though they did not specifically identify Four Corners by name, did show numerous dwellings, farms, a couple of businesses, and a church in the area. One establishment sat at the four-way intersection and was most likely a general store and filling station. As late as the 1990s county maps still showed a business at the crossroads, but no population figures were available for Four Corners.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Laurie E. Jasinski, "FOUR CORNERS, TX (BRAZORIA COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrf65), accessed April 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.