FENELLA, TEXAS. Fenella was twelve miles northeast of Hempstead in northern Waller County. It was probably on what is today Howell Road slightly north of the Fields Store community and west of Farm Road 362. In 1897 Jackson Bush opened a post office in his general store there to serve nearly 200 residents from the surrounding area. The post office closed in 1899, and the office at Gladish, four miles southwest of Fenella, handled local mail service. By 1941 Fenella was not shown on county highway maps.
Mildred W. Abshier et al., Former Post Offices of Waller County (Hempstead, Texas: Waller County Historical Society, 1977).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Paul M. Lucko, "FENELLA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrf51), accessed May 24, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.