FREEMOUND, TEXAS. Freemound is just east of the Cooke-Montague county line and eighteen miles southwest of Gainesville in southwestern Cooke County. The community had a post office from 1894 through 1907. Ten people reportedly lived in Freemound during the 1940s, when highway maps showed a few scattered residences and one empty business building at the site. In the 1960s there were a number of scattered dwellings in the area, and in 1990 Freemound remained a small farming community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "FREEMOUND, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrf25), accessed March 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.