FOLSOM CHAPEL, TX
FOLSOM CHAPEL, TEXAS. Folsom Chapel, also known as Folsom, is on Farm Road 2026 six miles northwest of Center in northwestern Shelby County. It was established around 1880 and named for a pioneer family. In 1903 it had a one-room, one-teacher school for thirty-three white students. By 1938 the community school had expanded to include four teachers and 115 students. The local district also operated a school nearby for thirty-three black students. By 1946 both schools had closed. In the late 1980s Folsom Chapel had widely scattered residences and a church, a cemetery, and a business.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "FOLSOM CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrf15), accessed April 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.