FLAT FORK, TX
FLAT FORK, TEXAS. Flat Fork is on State Highway 96 and the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway seven miles north of Center in northern Shelby County. It was founded around 1904. A post office was in operation there from 1909 until 1911 with Daniel D. Parker as postmaster. From 1933 through 1964 the community reported a population of ten. In 1946 it had a cotton gin, a sawmill, and a store. In 1988 Flat Fork had a store and widely scattered houses. It was still listed as a community in 1990.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "FLAT FORK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrf11), accessed May 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.