EVA, TEXAS. Eva was near the site of what is now Palito Blanco off Farm Road 2295 thirteen miles south of San Diego in southwestern Jim Wells County. A post office called Eva was established there in 1904. By 1914 the community had two grocery stores and a cattle breeder and was described as a country post office. Eva's population reached twenty by 1925. Its post office was discontinued in 1928, and mail was sent to Palito Blanco. In 1938 the community had scattered dwellings and farm units, and by 1939 it reported a population of 100 and four businesses. Eva reported a population of 150 in 1947 but by 1963 all that remained of the dispersed community was a few dwellings.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Alicia A. Garza, "EVA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hreyy), accessed October 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.