ELM RIDGE, TX (HOPKINS COUNTY)
ELM RIDGE, TEXAS (Hopkins County). Elm Ridge, a farming community on State Highway 11 some six miles southeast of Sulphur Springs in southeastern Hopkins County, was established before the early 1900s, when a public school was operating nearby. In 1905 the school had thirty-seven students. During the mid-1930s Elm Ridge had a church, a school, and a number of scattered houses. After World War II most of the community's residents moved away. Its school was consolidated with the Como school district, and by the early 1960s all that remained at the site was a church and a few houses. In the late 1980s Elm Ridge was a dispersed rural community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "ELM RIDGE, TX (HOPKINS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hreyd), accessed July 06, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.