EDMOND, TEXAS. Edmond, six miles northeast of Grapeland in northwestern Houston County, was established in the early 1890s. A post office opened there in 1893 with J. N. Parker as postmaster. It operated until 1896. In the mid-1890s the settlement had a general store, a gristmill and cotton gin, and a number of houses. By the mid-1930s Edmond no longer appeared on highway maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "EDMOND, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hreuy), accessed July 07, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.