EAST CANEY, TX
EAST CANEY, TEXAS. East Caney, a farming community off Interstate Highway 30 and just west of East Caney Creek nine miles east of Sulphur Springs in eastern Hopkins County, was settled before 1900. In the mid-1930s East Caney had a church, a school, a cemetery, and a number of scattered houses. After World War II most of its residents moved away. Its school was consolidated with the Saltillo school district, and by the early 1960s only a church and two cemeteries remained in the area. In the early 1990s East Caney was a dispersed rural community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "EAST CANEY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrera), accessed May 05, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.