EDISON, TEXAS. Edison was on the Holdsworth Ranch near Tortuga Creek 2½ miles west of Loma Vista in southeastern Zavala County. A schoolhouse, variously called Edison School, Tortuga School, and West Loma Vista School, was established in the eastern section of the Holdsworth Ranch around 1906. In 1907 nineteen students attended the one-teacher school; that same year a post office called Edison was established in a nearby store that was owned and operated by relatives of the Holdsworths, N. B. Simmons and his wife. By the mid-1920s the community had been abandoned.