ELLIS CHAPEL, TX
ELLIS CHAPEL, TEXAS. Ellis Chapel was just south of Farm Road 1395 and twelve miles northwest of Canton in northwestern Van Zandt County. It had a school in 1890 that reached an enrollment of fifty-one in 1905. In 1917 Ellis Chapel merged with Woodall to form Elwood. A cemetery was still shown at the site on county highway maps in the late 1980s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "ELLIS CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/HRE63), accessed April 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.