ERSKINE, TEXAS. Erskine, on a site originally known as Kickapoo Springs, was near Kickapoo Creek twenty-eight miles southwest of Paint Rock in southwestern Concho County. The settlement was established in 1883 and acquired a post office the same year. In 1884 Erskine had a hotel, a general store, and a population of seventy. Local employment centered on the shipment of livestock and wool. Erskine apparently declined after the post office was moved to the nearby community of Vigo in 1887.
W. L. Nicholson, Post Route Map of the State of Texas (1886).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mary M. Standifer, "ERSKINE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hre55), accessed October 09, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.