ESBON, TEXAS. Esbon, near San Fernando Creek in northwestern Llano County, was originally called Simpson's Bend for five Simpson brothers who settled at the site. The settlement was a post office as early as 1904, and Jeff Harlow, the postmaster, built a gin there by 1914. Esbon reported a store and a population of twenty-five from 1933 to the late 1940s; during the mid-1960s its population was estimated at thirty. In the early 1980s the Esbon community was named on county highway maps, but no buildings were shown at the site.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Alice Gray Upchurch, "ESBON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hre31), accessed May 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.