DEXTRA, TEXAS. Dextra, just off Farm Road 1648 twenty-one miles northwest of Nacogdoches in northwestern Nacogdoches County, was settled before 1900. In the mid-1930s the community had a school, a church, and several stores. After World War II many of its residents moved away, but as late as the mid-1960s the community had a store and two churches. In the early 1990s Dextra was a dispersed farming community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "DEXTRA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrdpz), accessed May 24, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.