DAVENPORT, TX (CORYELL COUNTY)
DAVENPORT, TEXAS (Coryell County). Davenport, fifteen miles from Gatesville in western Coryell County, was named for John A. Davenport, who became postmaster when the community's post office opened in 1879. It was discontinued in 1882, and mail for the community was sent to King. The community was not marked on county highway maps in the 1980s.
Coryell County Genealogical Society, Coryell County, Texas, Families, 1854–1985 (Dallas: Taylor, 1986). John J. Germann and Myron Janzen, Texas Post Offices by County (1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "DAVENPORT, TX (CORYELL COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrd59), accessed March 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.