DENMARK, TEXAS. Denmark was a store and post office community on Beaver Creek fifteen miles northwest of Palestine and 6½ miles west of Montalba in northwestern Anderson County. It had a post office from 1905 to 1917. In 1914 C. L. Day was the postmaster, and Denmark had a population of twenty-five, two grocery stores, a blacksmith, a physician, and a poultry breeder. The community disappeared, probably sometime in the early twentieth century, as it was not named on state highway maps by the 1930s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "DENMARK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrd55), accessed August 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.