DREKA, TEXAS. Dreka, on Farm Road 2427 sixteen miles southeast of Center in southeastern Shelby County, was founded about 1890. A post office was established there in 1894 with Martin Shofner as postmaster; it closed in 1907. In 1933 Dreka had one business and a population estimated at twenty-five, and in 1946 it had several houses, a gin, a store, and a church. By 1988 only the church and widely scattered houses remained in the area. Dreka was still listed as a community in 1990.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "DREKA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrd39), accessed May 23, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.