DONELTON, TEXAS. Donelton, on Farm Road 1567 fifteen miles southeast of Greenville in extreme southeastern Hunt County, was probably established within ten years after the end of the Civil War, as a post office opened there in 1871. By 1885 the community had a gristmill and a cotton gin. Five years later it had a population of seventy-five, a school, and a church. The community reported no population or business statistics after 1900. Around 1970 a church still stood at Donelton.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "DONELTON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrd30), accessed July 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.