DAPHNE, TEXAS. Daphne is on Farm Road 1896 eight miles northeast of Mount Vernon in northeastern Franklin County. This small, dispersed, lumbering and agricultural community was settled in the 1850s and received a post office in 1895, with mail delivered from Mount Vernon by special supply. Its post office was discontinued in 1906. By 1985 the community consisted of a community center and a few widely scattered houses.
Billy Hicks and Doris Meek, comps., Historical Records of Franklin County, Texas (Mount Vernon, Texas: Franklin County Historical Survey Committee, 1972).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "DAPHNE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrd05), accessed October 08, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.