CARROLL CHAPEL, TX
CARROLL CHAPEL, TEXAS. Carroll Chapel, on State Highway 14 fourteen miles south of Corsicana in southern Navarro County, was established before 1900. By the early 1900s a school was in operation there, and in 1906 it had an enrollment of twenty-five. In the mid-1930s the settlement comprised a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World War II many of the residents moved away, and by the mid-1960s only the cemetery and a few scattered houses remained. In 1990 Carroll Chapel was a dispersed rural community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CARROLL CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrctq), accessed November 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.
Get Texas history everyday,
with day by day
Each day's email tells a little bit more of the story of Texas and links to our collection of more than 27,000 articles