CENTER POINT, TX (HOPKINS COUNTY)
CENTER POINT, TEXAS (Hopkins County). Center Point, a farming community on Farm Road 2653 some twelve miles southwest of Sulphur Springs in southwestern Hopkins County, was settled before 1900. A public school was operating there by the early 1900s, and in 1905 it had an enrollment of fifty-one. By the mid-1930s Center Point had a school, a church, and a number of scattered houses. After World War II most of the community's residents moved away. Its school was consolidated with the Miller Grove School District, and by the early 1960s all that remained of Center Point was the church and a few houses. In the late 1980s it was a dispersed rural community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CENTER POINT, TX (HOPKINS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcsy), accessed April 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.