CEDAR GROVE, TX (BRAZORIA COUNTY)
CEDAR GROVE, TEXAS (Brazoria County). Cedar Grove was twenty miles west of Angleton in extreme west central Brazoria County. A post office was established in 1886 and operated until 1887, when mail was transferred to Columbia. It was then reestablished by 1898 and functioned as late as 1911. The community was located in the area of Cedar Brake plantation, which belonged to the Dance family. Cedar Grove had a school with one teacher and fifty-two black pupils in 1896. State highway maps of 1936 showed scattered dwellings at the townsite, but by 1980 only the local cemetery remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "CEDAR GROVE, TX (BRAZORIA COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcnc), accessed October 08, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.