CARROLL SPRINGS, TX
CARROLL SPRINGS, TEXAS. Carroll Springs was just off Farm Road 1615, twelve miles southeast of Athens in far southern Henderson County. It was evidently founded around the time of the Civil War and was named for a nearby spring. In the mid-1930s the settlement had a church, a school, and a number of houses. After World War II the school closed. In the early 1990s only a church, a cemetery, and a few houses remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CARROLL SPRINGS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrckz), accessed August 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.