CEDAR BLUFF, TX
CEDAR BLUFF, TEXAS. Cedar Bluff was on Brown's Creek and Farm Road 2609, twelve miles northeast of Nacogdoches in northeastern Nacogdoches County. The community was first settled after the Civil War and was named for a small rise. A public school began operating there around 1900, and in 1908 it had an enrollment of forty-nine. The school later closed, though in the late 1980s the schoolhouse was still standing. By the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CEDAR BLUFF, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcfh), accessed May 29, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.