CENTRAL, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)
CENTRAL, TEXAS (Van Zandt County). Central, a farming community several miles northeast of Grand Saline in northeastern Van Zandt County, was the site of a local school built in 1901 on land donated by Zack Waddill. The enrollment at the Central school reached forty-four in 1905. A three-room school was built at the community in 1916. Several area churches met in the school before relocating at Crossroads. In 1936 the county highway map showed a school and two churches at the townsite. The local school was consolidated with the Grand Saline Independent School District in 1947. By 1987 only a single church and cemetery remained at the site.
Van Zandt County History Book Committee, History of Van Zandt County (Dallas, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "CENTRAL, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrceb), accessed April 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.