COLDWATER, TX (WOOD COUNTY)
COLDWATER, TEXAS (Wood County). Coldwater was on a dirt road two miles south of Farm Road 852 and four miles southeast of Winnsboro in northeast Wood County. The settlement was inhabited by 1880. In 1884 a Cold Springs school district was established in the area, and in 1896 the one-teacher, one-room Cold Springs school enrolled thirty-one students. By 1905 the school, then known as Coldwater, had sixty-one students. By the 1930s the community had a number of farms scattered along country roads, a cemetery, and a school, known again as Cold Springs. In 1932 the school had fifty-five students in eight grades. By 1960 a few widely scattered dwellings and the Coldwater church and cemetery remained at the site. They were still there in 1988.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Rachel Jenkins, "COLDWATER, TX (WOOD COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcda), accessed March 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.