COMET, TEXAS. Comet was two miles from Jefferson in central Marion County. It had a post office from 1891 to 1905. In 1892 it had two general stores, and J. O. Jackson was postmaster. The population of the community was estimated at ten in 1896, and in 1899 thirty pupils attended the Comet school. By 1936 the community was not marked on the county highway map.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "COMET, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcck), accessed May 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.