CLEON, TEXAS. Cleon was fifteen miles southeast of Center in southeastern Shelby County. A post office was established there in 1890 with Robert W. Field as postmaster. The community had a population of fifteen in 1896. The post office was closed in 1899.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "CLEON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrccf), accessed May 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.