CLARKSON, TEXAS. Clarkson is on Farm Road 1445 nine miles northeast of Cameron in northern Milam County. A post office operated there from 1889 to 1906. In 1903 the community had a one-teacher school for forty-three white students and a two-teacher school for 105 black students. Clarkson had a population of fifty in the 1940s, and the schools were consolidated with the Cameron Independent School District by the early 1950s. Clarkson had ten residents in 1990 and again in 2000.
Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "CLARKSON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrc63), accessed May 06, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.