CASSIN, TEXAS. Cassin is off U.S. Highway 281 just south of Mitchell Lake, twelve miles south of downtown San Antonio in southern Bexar County. It was settled before 1900 and was named for local landowner William Cassin. After the construction of the San Antonio, Uvalde and Gulf Railroad in 1913 Cassin served as a flag stop. In the mid-1930s the settlement was the site of the Asa Mitchell school, a church, and a store. The population in 1946 was 175. By 1990 the population had fallen to a reported fifty.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Minnie B. Cameron, "CASSIN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrc30), accessed April 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.