CARSON, TEXAS. Carson, originally Gum Springs, is on Farm Road 1396 ten miles northeast of Bonham in northeastern Fannin County. In the late nineteenth century the settlement served area farmers as a school and church community. Between 1898 and 1907 Carson had a post office and, at one time, a cotton gin. The population was estimated at twenty-two in 1990 and in 2000.
Fannin County Folks and Facts (Dallas: Taylor, 1977).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "CARSON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrc28), accessed April 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.