BURRANTOWN, TEXAS. Burrantown, off Farm Road 1733 twenty miles northeast of Crockett in eastern Houston County, was probably established around 1900. In the mid-1930s the settlement had a store and a number of houses; local children attended school at nearby Glover or in Weches. After World War II many of the residents moved away, and by the mid-1960s only a few widely scattered houses remained in the area. In 2000 the population was seventy.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "BURRANTOWN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrbxr), accessed April 17, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.