BALD HILL, TEXAS (Angelina County). Bald Hill is on Farm Road 326 eight miles southeast of Lufkin in central Angelina County. The area was settled before 1900. By the 1930s the settlement had three churches, several stores, a school, and a number of houses. After World War II many residents left the area, but in the early 1990s Bald Hill had three churches, a community center, and a few scattered houses. In 2000 the population was 100.
Image Use Disclaimer
All copyrighted materials included within the Handbook of Texas Online are in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107 related to Copyright and “Fair Use” for Non-Profit educational institutions, which permits the Texas State Historical Association (TSHA), to utilize copyrighted materials to further scholarship, education, and inform the public. The TSHA makes every effort to conform to the principles of fair use and to comply with copyright law.