BOYNTON, TEXAS. Boynton was on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad ten miles southeast of Huntington in southeastern Angelina County. The settlement was founded in 1904 by the Boynton Lumber Company, which built a sawmill at the site. The mill had a daily capacity of 25,000 board feet and at its height employed seventy-five men. The company closed the mill in 1908, and within a short time the town was abandoned. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.
Angelina County Historical Survey Committee, Land of the Little Angel: A History of Angelina County, Texas, ed. Bob Bowman (Lufkin, Texas: Lufkin Printing, 1976).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "BOYNTON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrbkk), accessed June 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.