BOARD, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)
BOARD, TEXAS (Van Zandt County). Board was twelve miles northeast of Canton in northeastern Van Zandt County. When resident Jim Board met with the county judge and others to establish a local school on land donated by early settlers, the school was named in his honor. Enrollment reached twenty-six in 1905. The Board school was consolidated with the Wills Point Independent School District in 1949. Jones Cemetery, located in Board north of Farm Road 1395, dates to the 1870s and is all that remains of the Board and Jones communities.
Van Zandt County History Book Committee, History of Van Zandt County (Dallas, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "BOARD, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrbaw), accessed May 29, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.