BROADWAY, TX (CROSBY COUNTY)
BROADWAY, TEXAS (Crosby County). Broadway is near the junction of U.S. Highway 82 with Farm Road 836, in eastern Crosby County forty-five miles east of Lubbock. The name of the community, which refers to the breadth of the prairie, was suggested by "Uncle" Shorty Reynolds, who built the first general store in the area about 1924. Ira Benton delivered mail to the gin that R. A. Crausbay built at the crossroads about 1926. Though by the mid-1980s the gin and store were closed, the buildings were still standing. The population was twenty in 2000.
Crosby County Pioneer Memorial Museum, A History of Crosby County, 1876–1977 (Dallas: Taylor, 1978).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Edloe A. Jenkins, "BROADWAY, TX (CROSBY COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrb73), accessed May 22, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.