ALAZAN, TEXAS. Alazan is at the junction of Farm roads 225 and 2782, seven miles west of Nacogdoches in western Nacogdoches County. The site was settled before 1900 and named for nearby Alazan Creek. A post office operated there from 1901 to 1911, and a school opened before 1904. During the 1930s the settlement comprised the school, a church, and a number of houses. The school was closed during the 1940s, and by the early 1990s only a church, a cemetery, and a few scattered houses remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "ALAZAN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hravk), accessed June 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.