ALAMO BEACH, TX
ALAMO BEACH, TEXAS. Alamo Beach, a community two miles southeast of Port Lavaca and just north of the junction of Farm roads 2717 and 2760 in Calhoun County, is bound on the east by Lavaca Bay. The settlement was established during the first decade of the twentieth century and had a post office from 1907 to 1915. About 1915 residents erected a seaside pavilion to attract tourists. That year the community had a telephone connection, a dairy, a real estate and life insurance business, and an estimated population of fifty-five. Although an Alamo Beach school district existed, there is no evidence that a school building was ever built at the site. By the school year 1935–36 the nine students of the district were attending schools in neighboring communities. In the 1970s the site was marked by a few scattered dwellings. In 2000 the community was listed in the Texas Almanac, but without population figures.
Calhoun County Historical Commission, Shifting Sands of Calhoun County, Texas (Port Lavaca, Texas, ca. 1980).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Stephen L. Hardin, "ALAMO BEACH, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hra85), accessed October 09, 2015. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.