ANACACHO, TEXAS. Anacacho was a ranching community eleven miles southeast of Brackettville on the Galveston, Harrisburg and San Antonio Railway, west of the Anacacho Mountains in southeastern Kinney County. A railroad depot named Leonhard is shown at the site on county maps in 1884. The community was established around the depot, chiefly by railroad employees. By 1909 the name had been changed to Anacacho. There is evidence that a game preserve was maintained near the community. By 1946 the community appears to have been abandoned.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Ruben E. Ochoa, "ANACACHO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hra37), accessed April 17, 2015. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.