ADAMS STORE, TX
ADAMS STORE, TEXAS. Adams Store, a rural community off U.S. Highway 79 seventeen miles northeast of Carthage in northeastern Panola County, was named for the proprietor of a store that operated on Waterman's logging tram in the early 1900s. In 1940 the community had a store and a number of houses; the reported population was twenty-five. After World War II the settlement reported two businesses, but by the mid-1960s only a few scattered houses remained in the area; the estimated population in 1965 was fifty. In 2000 Adams Store was a dispersed rural community for which no recent population estimates were available.
John Barnette Sanders, Index to the Cemeteries of Panola County (Center, Texas, 1964).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "ADAMS STORE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hra07), accessed May 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.