WHITE ROCK, TX (ROBERTSON COUNTY)
WHITE ROCK, TEXAS (Robertson County). White Rock is a small rural community located about twenty-four miles north of Hearne in northern Robertson County. Settlement began by 1870, the date of the oldest marked grave in White Rock Cemetery. In 1873 residents built a church, and soon the community included a school, gristmill, and cotton gin. Highway maps during the 1930s still showed the school and church. Maps in the late twentieth century depicted the church and cemetery. The dispersed country community reported a population of eighty in 1990 and 2000.
J. W. Baker, A History of Robertson County, Texas (Waco: Texian Press, 1970).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Laurie E. Jasinski, "WHITE ROCK, TX (ROBERTSON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnw74), accessed July 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.