WASTELLA, TEXAS. Wastella is on U.S. Highway 84, Farm Road 1982, and the Santa Fe Railroad, in extreme northwest Nolan County. It was platted eight miles northwest of Roscoe on land provided by Will Neeley when the Roscoe, Snyder and Pacific Railway was constructed in 1908. Neely named the townsite for his eldest daughter, Wastella. Soon Wastella had stores, a hotel, and a school, but it remained small because of the proximity of other towns. The post office opened in 1907 but had closed by the early 1930s. In 1980 and 1990 the population was thirteen, and the town had a combined store and gas station. The population was four in 2000.
E. L. Yeats and Hooper Shelton, History of Nolan County (Sweetwater, Texas: Shelton, 1975).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.William R. Hunt, "WASTELLA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnw23), accessed October 10, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.