VIDAURRI, TEXAS. Vidaurri, on the old St. Louis, Brownsville and Mexico Railway in Refugio County, is on the grant assigned to José Jesús Vidaurri, who was commissioned by the Power and Hewetson Colony. The original name of the station was Redlew, the name of Welder, a local ranching family, spelled backwards. In 1911 the settlement acquired a post office. By 1914 it had a telephone connection, a hotel, and a cotton gin. In 1990 the population was eighty-five.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."VIDAURRI, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnv12), accessed April 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.