TIME, TEXAS. Time was ten miles northeast of Hemphill in northeastern Sabine County. A Time post office was established in 1896, and by 1914 the community had a population estimated at forty, a gin, and two stores. By 1925 the population had increased to an estimated seventy-five. The community declined in the late 1920s, and the post office was closed in 1931. In 1939 the population was an estimated forty, and the community had two rated businesses. The site of Time was inundated by Toledo Bend Reservoir, which was constructed in the late 1960s.
Water for Texas, Vol. 1: A Comprehensive Plan for the Future; Vol. 2: Technical Appendix (Austin: Texas Department of Water Resources, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "TIME, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnt23), accessed April 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.