STAFF, TEXAS. Staff, on Lake Leon just off Farm Road 2214 in east central Eastland County, developed with the construction of the Round Mountain Baptist Church in 1896. In 1897 Ferdinando S. Taylor became the first postmaster; the post office was discontinued in 1908. In 1940 the settlement had two stores and sixty residents. The population was sixty-five in 1980 and 1990.
Homer Stephen, The Frontier Postmasters (Dublin, Texas: Dublin Progress, 1952).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."STAFF, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hns75), accessed May 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.