SHILOH, TX (DENTON COUNTY)
SHILOH, TEXAS (Denton County). Shiloh was twelve miles south of Denton in Denton County and was originally part of the Chinn's Chapel settlement. The settlement consisted of three small communities established in 1853 by Elisha Chinn-Bartonville, Waketon, and Shiloh-though the area had been settled in 1845. Shiloh existed just under 100 years. The site of Shiloh is now part of Flower Mound.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "SHILOH, TX (DENTON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hns43), accessed March 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.