SEALE, TEXAS. Seale, between Steele Creek and the Navasota River just west of Farm Road 937 and twenty-five miles northeast of Franklin in extreme northeastern Robertson County, was established in the late 1880s and was named for Mike Seale, an early settler. Its post office operated from 1885 to 1915. By 1890 the community had a population of twenty-five, and in 1892 it had two well-drillers, a cotton gin, a general store, and a physician. By 1896 the town included another physician and three churches. The population of Seale was estimated at seventy-five in the 1930s, and in 1942 the site had a church, two cemeteries, and several scattered dwellings. Its population declined over the next several decades, and by 1982 Seale consisted of only a few scattered dwellings. Its population in the late 1980s was reported as twenty-five. In 2000 the population was sixty.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Richard Allen Burns, "SEALE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hns25), accessed May 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.